We, Shanthi Gears Limited, is a proud subsidiary of Tube Investments of India. We are pioneering in the manufacturing sector, counted among the top names of the country. We excel in bringing forth best in class Helical Gearboxes, Special Gearbox Sectors, Gear And Pinions, etc., under the brand name, Shanthi. We are committed to innovate, engineer and design in the best manner, at all times. As a skilled manufacturer, we have been assuring that only the best quality items leave our facility. To assure this, we quality test all the promised products at our infrastructure base. It is made sure that only those items that perfectly match with the set standards of the target industry are sent out for delivery. This way, we please a huge clientele and meet their quality expectations with perfection. Our company is also a proud service provider, which is determined to execute best in class Installation Services, on a regular basis.
Our company has the support of a skilled workforce. Each member excels in the filed of work that they are assigned with. The workforce comprises talented R&D experts, who help us in developing innovative Gear And Pinions, Helical Gearboxes, etc. The R&D experts help the production staff in improving the range as per the changing demands of clients. Further, a skilled service team works at the premises, the members of this team assure that all of the queries of clients are resolved in a reliable manner. The punctual delivery of orders is assured by our well trained logistics team.
Mr. P Subramanian laid the foundation of our company and we entered the competitive gear manufacturing industry. At that time, we were working under the banner of Shanthi Engineering and Trading Company, focusing on simple process like milling. Our company grew under the amazing leadership of Mr. P Subramanian. Slowly, we became a reliable manufacturer, specialize in presenting top class patterns, ferrous & aluminum castings, centrifugal castings of phosphor bronze rings, heat treatment, fabrications, forgings as well as cutter manufacturing.
- 1969: Shanthi Engineering & Trading Co. started its business journey as a manufacturer of small gears
- 1972: The company became a private limited company and initiated manufacturing gears for the textile industry.
- 1980: Processed worm gear boxes for the first time at the premises
- 1986: The company listed itself on the Indian Stock Exchange.
- 1987: The enterprise initiated the production of industrial as well as special gear boxes.
- 2002: Owing to remarkable quality management system, the enterprise was certified with ISO 9001.
- 2008: The business concern became the very first gear manufacturer to be honored with AS9100C certificate.
- 2011: Internal restructuring of management took place, professional CEO was brought on the board in 2012: The company was acquired by Tube Investments of India Ltd., the company is part of Murugappa Group Company
- 2013: The focus of the company shifted to institutional sales and service business
- Started to focus on Institutional Sales & Service Business
- 2014: The company developed a reliable Roller Press, having capacity of 1.5 M Nm
- 2016: The company managed to develop Vertical Roller Mills having CD 1.6 Meter Annulus Gear Box as well as developed Ladle Tilting of Torque 1.7 M Nm
- 2017: The manufacturing concern was awarded with DGQA & DSIR certifications
- 2018: The concern was honored with AS9100D, IMS and IRIS Certifications
Acquisition By Murugappa (Spirit Of Murugappa)
Tube Investments of India, which is a Murugappa group company, acquired our business enterprise back in 2012. The acquisition was done with an aim to diversify the reach of the business concern, in order to acquire the largest market share in the gear industry. Murugappa Group is counted among the leading name of India and 6 foreign countries. It is trusted and admired by a huge clientele as well as group of experts from across the nation. The group was found in 1900, today, it is one of the leading names in many different segments of the country. Some most crucial companies under this esteemed group has been:
- Carborundum Universal Ltd.
- Cholamandalam Financial Holdings Ltd.
- Cholamandalam Investment and Finance Company Ltd.
- Cholamandalam MS General Insurance Company Ltd.
- Coromandel International Ltd.
- Coromandel Engineering Company Ltd.
- E.I.D. Parry (India) Ltd.
- Parry Agro Industries Ltd.,
- Tube Investments of India Ltd.
- Wendt (India) Ltd.
Further, the group is also a proud owner of brands like Chola, BSA, Montra, Hercules, Shanthi Gears, Mach City, Ballmaster, Gromor, & Paramfos. The group fosters a professional environment, employing a team of 50,000 employees.
Infrastructure (Our Facilities)
Our prestigious enterprise is supported by a top notch infrastructure base. This base is equipped with the most high end manufacturing, quality testing, packaging and many other machines. All the assets installed at our base supports our business journey exceptionally. Our infrastructure is kept at par with the latest standards and advancements of the domain. Currently, the infrastructure is segregated into several in-house facilities, including:
- Engineering Facility
- R&D Facility
- Foundry, Forging and Fabrication Facility
- CNC Turning/Machining, Gear Profile Grinding, Hobbing & Testing Facility
- Heat Treatment Facility
- Tool Room for Clutter Manufacturing
- Metrology & Calibration Facility
- Quality Control Lab
Our company has been certified with the following in the past years:
- ISO 9001:2015 Certificate (Quality Management System)
- IMS Certificate (Quality Management System)
- ISO 14001:2015 Certificate (Environment Management)
- OHSAS 18001:2007 Certificate (Occupational Health & Safety Management)
- AS9100 Certificate (Aero Space & Defence Quality Management)
- IRIS Certificate (International Railway Industry Standard)
- ISO/TS 22163:2017 Certificate
- DGQA Certification, etc.
Our enterprise is proudly catering to the diverse demands of many application areas, including:
- Steel Industry
- Cement Industry
- Sugar Industry
- Crane & Material Handling Industry
- Power Industry
- Paper Industry
- Rubber & Plastics Industry
- Off-Highway & Mining Industry
- Process Industry
- Compressors Industry
- Railways Industry
- Textile Industry
- Aerospace Industry
The company follows stringent business policies while working, with an aim to become a reliable partner for Power Transmission Solutions in the market. To make this dream a reality, we have implemented a well drafted set of business polices that encourage us to work for the benefit of our clients, employees and partners. We exceed the expectations of our stake holders through our active employee engagement. Our partners and clients feel safe dealing with us as we constantly adhere to legal, statuary and regulatory obligations, applicable to our company. We also implement best practices in Employee Health & Safety (EHS) as well as Environment Protection. We adopt best manufacturing techniques, focusing on continuing improvement through P, Q, C, D, S, M, T & Failure Prevention (FP).Read More